- I will complete any task quickly and to your order
- I will travel to you for your convenience
- I am available at short notice
- I am available for out of working hours appointments.
- I will tell you how much any job will cost when you let me know what you need doing. The simplest notarial task is £80 plus VAT and becomes more expensive depending upon complication, speed and making me run about for you
Call the office on 01952 684544
Emergency number: 07831 828629
Why do we exist?
To authenticate documents for use in other Countries.
What sort of jobs do we deal with?
- Company documents
- Powers of Attorney
- Documents to buy and sell property abroad
- Documents to allow Marriage abroad
- Paperwork to effect adoption of children from abroad
- Insurance and probate paperwork
- Sponsorship and for working abroad documents
This list is only a brief list of the many jobs for which a Notary Public is needed.
What to bring to an appointment
As a Notary I have to ensure that each person signing is appropriately identified by:
- Passport preferably or photo card driving licence
- Proof of your current England or Wales address (driving licence, utility bill)
- Also bring the documentation for notarisation
Please feel free to email this document to Shefali Bhamra at firstname.lastname@example.org to speed up the process so the document can be looked at prior to the appointment.
Some people are unable to come to my office because of disability or work commitments or for other reasons and I willingly make arrangements to see them in their own homes or other convenient places. I also offer out of working hours appointments
Many countries want to ensure that I am properly authorised to act as a notary. This is done by a procedure called Legalisation – I normally arrange this and there is a fee involved.
All countries have different legalisation requirements and for most this means applying to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for an Apostille under the Hague Convention of Legalisation. Once a document has been notarised some Countries may also enquire the document to be certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office by way of Apostille and / or their particular embassy.
We can give you a firm cost estimate over the telephone prior to an appointment. Notary fees start from £80.00 depending on the number of documents you are needing to sign and the process of authentication. If you ring me, I will give you an indication of the total costs involved.
My work as a Notary is separate from my work as a Solicitor. My profession as a Notary is regulated by the Faculty Office and not by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. I am also regulated by the Legal Ombudsman.
1 If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please contact me.
2 If I am unable to resolve the matter you may then refer the matter to the Notaries Society through its complaint procedure. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick
resolution to any dispute. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:-
The Secretary of The Notary Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Tel: 01604 758908
After your complaint has been considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints procedure if you are not satisfied with the result, you may within 6 months of the end of that procedure
refer the matter to The Legal Ombudsman.
3 If you choose not to use the Notaries Society Complaints procedure you may refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman at:
Tel: 0300 555 0333
Every document is different but the usual steps are:-
- Give me a ring get an estimate for the costs involved and to book an appointment.
- If possible fax or e-mail me what paperwork you have. I can then give you a better idea of costs and I can get ready to do my job more quickly.
- When you come to see me make sure that as any individual signing paperwork you bring:-
- Your passport (or your photocard driving licence)
- A recent UTILITY BILL with your name and address on it (e.g. gas, electric or council tax bill)
When you are preparing a document for a COMPANY I will need to see evidence of the Company Memorandum and Articles of Association, proof of the company representative (by passport, utility bill ect) and sometimes minutes approving the proposed purpose of the document to be prepared.
- At the meeting I satisfy myself of your identity, check all is in order and then I NOTARISE your documents, providing you with an original version.
- It is usually a singular transaction so be ready to pay for the services then and there.
- Watch out for whether your document also needs APOSTILISATION and/or LEGALISATION. I can find this out for you. This requires another process that I can do for you or you can do yourself but it will add to the time and costs. We can advice you when this is needed and how much the process will cost, we can also attend to all of this for you if you wish.
- If you have a document and you wish it NOTARISED but you do not fully understand the language then I will INSIST on a formal translation for you. Again this adds to the time and money.
- I can do anything for you quickly and efficiently but the more complex the job the more you will pay.
- At no charge I will try over the telephone to help you know what you need to know to make your paperwork effective.